- eglib will no longer be maintained, meaning glib will became mandatory.
- D-Bus API changes including: property and dict usage, significantly simplified adapter object, remote devices objects and path architecture.
- Profiles support will change from services process to plugins modules.
- Duplicated code from services that managed L2CAP/RFCOMM/SCO connections will be moved to libbluetooth-glib along with convenient SDP queries functions.
- Drop of internal libhelper in favor of libgdus.
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
During the next BlueZ developers meeting that will be held in Helsink from 28th to 30th of May the so called 4.0 version should be released. As suggested by the bump of major version it will bring some major changes: